This video tutorial shows you in the second part how to setup a mini map in gamemaker studio like you see in metroid/metroidvania games. The trick is very simple in its nature, simply take one big map and just show a small snipped of it.
Here we get to the second part. Here you need to understand what datastructer are and how to setup a query on them.
The setup is quite easy to understand:
1. Create ds_map and fill it up with all possible cells
2. Draw the whole map and cut the part needed (first video)
3. Then draw a sprite on each cell,
Depending if it is discovered use a diffrent image index for the sprite used. That image index (0 for transparent, 1 for “empty” cell) is being stored in ds_map.
4. When changing the level, update discovered “key” of the ds_map entries. Update the position of the player
▶ Gamemaker Studio:
▶ Trial limitations:
♥ My free game Clunky souls:
♥ My assets:
Get some assets at itch.io
♥ Support me and get fresh game art and game maker projects every month:
Xem thêm Bài Viết:
- Nhiều điều chưa tiết lộ về game bầu cua online
- Lý do khiến bạn nhất định không nên bỏ qua game cây bắn zombie
- GameMaker Studio 2: Complete Platformer Tutorial (Part 1: Basics)
- NBA 2K20 – How To Use Player DNA (Tips)
- "Gilligan's Island" DARK CINEMATIC COVER (feat. Nicole Serrano) // Produced by Tommee Profitt